A classically simple, dainty pair of earrings in 14k gold featuring a rainbow of genuine gemstones.
I started with a 14k gold filled, ball tipped headpin and then strung six genuine gemstones on. All gemstones are high quality, micro faceted rondelles. The French hooks are 14k plated and thus hypoallergenic for those sensitive to some metals.
The gemstones used in the piece starting from the bottom are:
* Ruby – one of four precious gemstones and the birthstone of July
* Imperial Topaz – a very rare form of topaz, these are pale yellow in color. Topaz is the birthstone of November and is semi-precious.
* Green Tourmaline – Tourmaline comes in a variety of colors and this one is a lovely olive tone. Tourmaline is semi-precious.
* Blue Topaz – Another semi-precious stone, blue topaz has a crystal clear blue sky color. It’s an alternative birthstone for December.
* Amethyst – Long associated with royalty, amethyst is a gorgeous and rich purple tone. This semi-precious stone is the birthstone of February.
* White Topaz – White topaz is a flawlessly clear crystal stone. It’s used as an alternative to diamond for April’s birthstone. Also semi-precious.
The earrings measure a total length just shy of 1.5″ long. They’re dainty and feminine. They would be a lovely gift for someone who likes rainbow colors, or who is interested in chakra healing and colors.
They would also be a very special gift for a young woman who may not want or need a large pair of earrings but for whom a pair of 14k gold gemstone earrings would be a special gift. It could be a pair of “grown up” jewelry all her own.
I only have the one pair of these at this time as I put them together with the extra gems leftover after other projects. To individually purchase this many stones to make a pair would be quite expensive so this is a great way to get some high quality gems in a lovely little, affordable package.
Available for purchase HERE